I’m in transition. And it’s really exciting to be moving forward with the new but it’s also really sad to say goodbye to the old.
There’s also the issue of knowing where to put your energy. I’ve been struggling with this.
What’s the problem?
There’s so much to do to exit the old business. And I want to do it properly and make sure all my clients are looked after. That’s top priority for me. But I also want to be able to hit the ground running with my new venture and to do that there’s things I should be doing right now.
What do I think the solution is?
I thought I was in overwhelm but a talk with my mentor has made me realise that it’s not that at all. I’m delivering what I said I would deliver and that is my top priority. Which is why my focus is on the exit, not on what comes next. And that’s OK. But I still need to move things forward, at least a little, for the next venture. So I need to do the following:
- Realise that there is enough time to do everything that needs to be done.
- Plan my actions and then work the plan.
- Keep focussed on the high priorities and not be distracted or bogged down by the little fiddly things that really don’t matter at the moment.
So why haven’t I done it yet?
I think sometimes you need that external perspective. You need to be able to take a step away and critically analyse what’s going on. Having a sounding board or a mentor really does help.
- Remember why I started this whole process in the first place and get back to my ‘Why’. Because even though I need to do what I said I would do and make sure my clients are looked after, I still need to keep moving forward and not get bogged down in the detail.
- Remember it’s OK to take time to say goodbye, and that feelings of sadness and regret are perfectly normal.
- Remember to celebrate the successes.
- The quicker I transition the better. Because days turn into weeks turn into months and before you know it, it’s Christmas!
So what comes next? Let me tell you the Project Bloom story in next weeks Blog post.
Listen to your numbers, read their story and watch your business Bloom!