We’re nearly at the end of June. Can you believe it? I’m not sure where this last year has gone but each year seems to go by faster than the one before it!
So as we reach the end of another financial year there is one really important thing you need to do. This is the most important thing you can do as a business owner right now.
Take the time to review your progress over the last twelve months.
NOW is the time to look back and reflect on how you’ve gone.
Analyse what happened over the last 12 months in your business.
Ask yourself these questions:
- How many sales did I make, both number and dollars?
- How does this compare to last year?
- How does this compare to budget?
- What worked well in your business?
- What was a complete fail?
- Who have you got as a new customer this year who you love working with?
- How do you get more customers like that?
- Which customers do you hate working with?
- How can you get rid of them (and do you need to be ‘nice’ about it?)
- Is your marketing attracting the type of customers you LOVE working with?
- What trends have you noticed that have impacted your business?
- Were there any surprises this year?
There are lots of other questions you can ask. This is just a dozen to get you started. Set aside at least an hour to really think about your business. Review what’s happened over the last year and ask questions, analyse things. Figure out what’s happened and why.
By looking back at where you’ve been you can give yourself a boost to help you get where you want to go. Don’t look back and you risk repeating the same mistakes you made last year. You need to constantly make adjustments as a business owner to keep on track to success. Reviewing and reflecting on the last year is the most important thing you can do before year end.
Listen to your numbers, read their story, and watch your business Bloom.